TalkWorld

Home Improvement & Security Talk World

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Facilitate a showcase

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
marina

PostSubject: Facilitate a showcase   Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:37 am

I’ve been given the opportunity to create a showcase for a cement installation business...that also does brick install i.e. retaining walls, columns, etc....also stone and cement stamping. They want to facilitate a showcase for their wares, instead of just showing their work in portfolios. They also want plantings incorporated to exhibit their handwork. i have a free hand, so I want to use good taste in the layout. Yes, they do desire to facilitate as much of what they do as possible in this showcase.
Back to top Go down
MICHAEL55

PostSubject: Facilitate a showcase   Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 am

There are lots of ways you could go on this. Sometimes it is a good idea to blend things together, but another approach is to make things pop out like at the produce section of an upscale grocery store. Rather than having similar things next to each other they often do "color breaks" to make the red apples jump out from next to the yellow ones. I see a lot of wall/paper sample setups and notice that most run from one basic style toward the other extreme making none really stand out. I think that if they separated red brick types with the other grays and tans each would be an individual that might add a little clarity to choice making.
A lot will depend on how much room you have to work with. If there is a lot, you may make little vignettes of masonry styles with appropriate products and landscape styles. Then you can connect them with walkways that show other products, patterns, and planting styles.
It is important for you to showcase your talents here as well. What you do to captivate people with a combination of planting style, landscape style, and product is going to impact sales for the masonry company as well as for you.
Add topography if possible. A retaining wall needs context. If you can do some more geometric grading and layout as well as some other vignettes with undulations and curvilinear layout you may inspire or captivate others who might not give the alternative a separate look.
I think the worse thing is to try to have too much variety in a small space where it is all mused together. Separation and transition are important. Again, space is going to have a lot to do with it.

Facilitate a showcase

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TalkWorld  :: Your Home Problem :: Improve Your Home -